To the businesses and citizens of Chardon:
The Chardon Square Association would like to extend an invitation of membership to you. Incorporated in 1980, our mission is:
To improve and advance the interests of the business community and the aesthetic appearance in and about the area of the Chardon Public Square.
We have worked continually to do just that, improve and advance the City of Chardon – not just for businesses on the square, but for all the citizens of Chardon.
The Chardon Square Association has been responsible for many of the aesthetic improvements to Chardon Square, including the construction of the existing gazebo, repairs of the clock in the courthouse tower, and the Main Street and the park sidewalks as they stand today. We have also purchased the street benches, flags and flower baskets around the square, the clock tower in the park, and responding to letters to Santa. Our more recent projects include lighting of the courthouse, the Giving Garden, the electronic announcement sign, and the flagpole at the south end of the Square.
Additionally, the Chardon Square Association sponsors many annual events that bring recognition to our City and community as a whole. These include:
- Chardon Flea Market on the first Saturday in June
- Chardon Farmers Market every Friday starting in June through the second week in September
- Old Glory Day on July 4th
- KidsFest & Flea Market on the first Thursday in August
- Chardon Arts Festival on the first Sunday in August
- Harvest Handmade Market on a Sunday in September
- Halloween on the Square on October 31st
- Christmas Lighting one week after Thanksgiving
- Home for the Holidays on the second Saturday of December
Please consider joining us to continue and expand our work in and for our community.
You are invited to attend our regular member meetings on the second Monday of each month, 6:00 PM at the Chardon Municipal Center, 111 Water Street, Chardon. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Stephanie Talty, President
Sylvia McGee, Vice President
Casey Zulandt, Secretary
Kathy Dufur, Treasurer